Monday, May 04, 2009

Metallica? Seriously?

I am totally simply and completely addicted to Metallica.

This leads me to believe I have turned into a douche bag.

Le sigh.

I wish I could say the reason for this was entirely my own, but of course we know it isn't. Which begs the question is anything truly completely your own idea? Anything you become interested in is because you hear about it or read about it or see someone you enjoy enjoying it.

And the latter would be my case.

I just tooled around on Amazon for an hour and a half trying to find something for 6.06 or as little over as possible so that I can get both free shipping and use my ten dollar gift card but not spend more than 15ish dollars myself. So I'm spending roughly 17 bucks and getting two books, one which I've been desperately waiting to purchase, and a movie. Memento. Seen parts of it, never cohesively. And free shipping. Not too bad.

In my head way too much.

Too much entirely.

I'm in a place in my head I don't like, where I'm constantly obsessed with a few people. Checking myspace/facebook/messenger every five minutes to see if they're online if I got anything new if anything has changed.

Pathetic.

I need another hobby. One that doesn't require the internet. Or requires more concentration and has less down time.

My cat's finally starting to adjust to the new house. Been walking outside of my room, drinking, eating, acting devilish. I'm glad; he had me worried for a few days there. So much less maintenance than a dog. I've been taking care of Sherry's dog this weekend and omg too much work.

Glad I'm not having kids. I'm a pretty selfish bitch.

Complete win. The Stations of the Cross....in pixelvision.

Honestly, reading strangers blogs is one of the most relaxing nicest things I can think of to do. Especially when that stranger is superbly creative or witty. I'm looking at you, deanna raybourn, my so called life, wisecraft and loveheylola.

Want to stifle your creativity? Go eat some cheetos and watch SpongeBob. That actually sounds like heaven, all things considered. Throw some Diet Dr Pepper in there and I may never leave my house again.

Wow. Poor Girl Eats Well. Eating DELICIOUS amazing food on a budget. I love this girl. I totally want to go cook now. Something. Pasta with asparagus. YUM. Tomorrow for dinner!

"Nothing goes so well with a hot fire and buttered crumpets as a wet day without and a good dose of comfortable horrors within." Dorothy Sayers

I do believe Christopher Robin had it right: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Yep. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

No comments: