Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MORGAN

this is for you

So I need to post every day! Oi vey. I've been catching up on all my back issues of magazines. I've got three years worth of Oprahs, two of Real Simple, and a year a piece of Wired, Self, GQ, and Better Homes & Gardens. More of Oprah & Real Simple because they are my favorite.

GQ is probably my new favorite, however. It is written so smartly, the articles so different from the next, so eloquent and smart. It is unparalleled in its beauty.

I think I'm never going to read another Cosmo again. It's trash. The fashion tips aren't even that good. And all the sex articles are the same, regurgitated every other month or so. And they weed out all the recurring authors I do enjoy.

The thing that sucks about Oprah is that the email newsletter oftentimes uses old printed articles...so I've already read a lot of them.

Email. Oh man don't get me started. I subscribe to 3 email newsletters that I actually read....the rest I only read if the titles appeal to me. The first, and the one I've had longest, is from Aaron Karo (ruminations.com). A rumination is a contemplation or reflection, something most comedians use in stand up for the best laugh. Easily relatable, it tells an entire shared experience in a few short sentences. His website is great, because users can submit their own ruminations, and those get the BEST laughs or cries in my opinion. It's only biweekly, unfortunately, but it is what I look forward to MOST in my inbox.

The second is dailyom, a quick three paragraph meditative type deal. Sometimes too new agey, sometimes a little TOO out there, but usually a good little soul snack. The last is a daily quote, from Oprah.com. That one I can usually do without, as it's one of her go to guys, like Dr. Oz or Suze Orman. But sometimes there are some real gems. Oprah is another magazine that weeded out my favorite column--their monthly calender, always with a great piece of art on one side, and tons of great themed quotes on the business side.

Sad.

I went and saw my granny today. I was running late on purpose so we wouldn't have to stay long, I took Lindsay with me as backup of course. She was already drunk at 11 am, and talked a lot of nonsense before telling me to come back on the 1st for some money. Woman is crazy.

Went to lunch with my dad, Lindsay, and Michelle yesterday. They came and picked me up, we went to La Hacienda III and then went and walked down by the river, on the thing that goes under the bridge. It was nice. I really like her, and I REALLY like that my dad is happy. Finally.

I got on wow last night, to say my goodbyes, send out all my gold. Was getting ready to log off after crying a bit, and Derek says to me to wait, he's got to talk to me. So I wait. And he wants to talk about his bff. Now. You were right. I am biased now. But I try, for his sake. So he tells me about how she got cold feet and drove home and he had to go get her and convince her she was crazy and to come back. And it dawned on me, that he really puts a lot of things on his shoulders that he doesn't necessarily have to. So we talk about her and the wedding for a while. Then I decide I REALLY want to log off, so we switch to texting, and he immediately makes it sexual and full of innuendos. Which I miss, because when we can do that it's back to normal a little bit more. So I went with it a few times back and forth, because it is what I do, but then I thought, "Why am I doing this?" and I changed the subject. He got a little butt hurt after that, he was probably looking for something, but he didn't give it to me when I wanted it so I don't think I'm ready to help him out. I got a good good night out of him, which was good for my <3. And then I apparently texted him in my sleep, about the carrying things on his shoulders stuff. To which he responded in normal Derek fashion that he was "good, yo". What a kid. A kid that I heart haha.

Alright. Cat is a pain in the ass won't leave me be.

1 comment:

Aaron Karo said...

glad you like the site!!